Connolly’s Red Mills is a global leader in performance animal nutrition and is looking to add to our technical team. We are seeking to appoint a Pet Nutritionist. This is an exciting role for a capable and dedicated candidate who is keen to further develop a career in the Animal Feed Industry.
The role will report to the Quality & Technical Manager and senior nutrition staff.
The role involves working across a number of species including farm animal, equine and pet nutrition and developing competencies in the following areas:
- Providing advice and technical support to customers by phone, email and in person.
- Providing nutritional advice and services to commercial teams and colleagues.
- Dealing with and resolving customer complaints.
- Providing feedback to management on how to improve customer service & quality.
- Monitoring ingredient & product quality with quality and laboratory staff.
- Ensuring ingredients and finished products conform to specification and legal requirements.
- Investigation of non-conformances and agreeing and implementing corrective actions.
- Assessing and sourcing new ingredients as required.
- Assisting in determining ingredient specifications.
- Procurement of selected specialist ingredients, packaging and miscellaneous inputs.
Research & Development
- Assisting with management of Research & Development projects as directed by the Quality & Technical Manager and senior nutrition staff
- Implementing confidentiality / non-disclosure agreements as required.
- Assist in obtaining R&D funding / grant assistance for R&D work.
- Assist with R&D grant claims and provide reports to awarding bodies such as Enterprise Ireland
- Obtaining assistance/co-operation from third level institutions / universities / government bodies / international bodies / equipment suppliers and other stakeholders as required.
- Sourcing expertise in relevant areas as required.
- Maintaining R&D records and preparing project and cost reports as required.
- Assisting with all aspects of compliance including approvals and registration of premises, licence applications, and certifications for imports and exports and all other legislation and compliance work.
- Developing relationships with and liaising with the Department of Agriculture, EPA, Kilkenny County Council and other relevant regulatory bodies.
- Assisting in maintaining records associated with compliance issues.
- Assisting with environmental monitoring and reporting on required improvements.
The successful candidate will be capable of working on their own initiative and as part of a team. They should have a keen interest in animal nutrition and health and will have excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
The role is based at our Head Office at Goresbridge in Co Kilkenny and will involve initial and ongoing training and mentoring. An attractive package will be offered to the right person.
Connolly's RED MILLS
Agri Sales Assistant
Our RED MILLS Shop in Goresbridge is now recruiting an AGRI RETAIL SALES ASSISTANT for our expanding sales team. This role is suitable for someone who has worked in the...
General Operative Goresbridge
As part of the Operations production team, perform various production and operations related tasks to aid in the manufacture and reliable supply of our products. Ensure that targets are achieved...
Provide mechanical maintenance electrical support to the operation of the manufacturing process and utility systems To maintain a high standard of cleanliness, hygiene and GMP during maintenance work, including maintaining...
General Operative Kilkenny
As part of the manufacturing team, perform various production and operations related tasks to aid in the manufacture and reliable supply of our products. Ensure that targets are achieved consistent...
Senior Formulation Specialist
The organisation markets a range of different types of products across its portfolio of brands. As part of ongoing organic growth, the organisation is looking to hire an experienced formulation...
Equine Sales Specialist – South East of England
Looking for a new role in 2024? Are you thinking of embarking on a new career journey this year? Our team at Connolly’s RED MILLS is expanding, and a fantastic...
Racing & Breeding Nutritional Sales Specialist – Newmarket Area
Passionate about equine feed? Looking for your next challenge? A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join Connolly’s RED MILLS sales team covering Newmarket and surrounding areas. Connolly’s RED MILLS are...